The iconic musician David Bowie once wrote of aging gracefully: “Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.” The notion of “aging” as synonymous with “becoming” and evolving with grace and dignity is the enduring philosophy of Akshay Talwar, the founder and director of The Preserve at Briarcliffe. Truly, it is Talwar’s overarching belief that, even as we age, life is still full of opportunities for growth, meaningful relationships, personal happiness, fulfilment and becoming the best versions of ourselves.
This belief was a compelling force behind the conception, design, construction and completion of The Preserve, a Continued Care Retirement Community on the Briarcliffe campus in Johnston. Today, the increasing number of residents who have made The Preserve their home continue to live their lives with a sense of purpose, contentment and “becoming.”
Every detail of this senior living community was intentionally designed to make residents and guests alike feel at home. Many special architectural features were incorporated into the design of this innovative residential complex. Though some of these might go unnoticed by the casual observer, they nonetheless exceed the “norm” and go beyond the standards of the industry. Some of these features include:
• Access to outdoors: All apartments come with individual patios, balconies, Juliet balconies or casement windows.
• Natural light: Wide corridors with handrails, bookended by large windows, let in abundant daylight.
• Climate controls: Each apartment has individual heating and air conditioning controls.
• Barrier-free showers: safe and easy access to full-size showers
• Generator: May seem like a minor detail, but with New England weather, this is important. There is a back-up generator large enough to power the entire building for approximately one week.
• Elevators: Two large elevators for both safety and peace of mind
Beyond these design features, The Preserve offers an array of highly personalized amenities and services such as: Restaurant-style dining, weekly housekeeping, laundry and linen services, state-of-the-art call and monitoring systems, scheduled transportation to appointments and outings. Basically everything that someone who wants to enjoy a truly fulfilling life and the freedom to “become the person they were always meant to be” is found here at The Preserve at Briarcliffe.
Now is a great time to schedule your in-person tour of this exciting residence at 54 Old Pocasset Road. Come to this beautiful setting amid the peaceful woods of Johnston and make yourself at home.
To arrange for your tour, call 401.944.2450 or visit Briarcliffe online at www.briarclifferi.com.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here